Press Conference of March 19, 2014 of the project by the cultural association of Academos Roberta Pellegrini“. The hill where now stands the university town of Arezzo, was home to the bishop in 1203 with the old cathedral. The cathedral was then transferred intra moenia with a bull of Pope Innocent III. The ancient bishopric was made up of two cathedrals, the first known by the title of Santa Maria and Santo Stefano, the other the temple of San Donato.